If you are searching for vegan pasta recipes then look no further. This spaghetti recipes is also dairy free / egg free but still has a lovely creaminess to it thanks to the vegan cream cheese. You could also sub this for vegan crème fraiche – I like the Oatly one and actually used this instead last night so confirm it works just as well.
I am literally obsessed with rocket, I just love it so much and rarely go a day without eating it. I have it in salad, obviously, but have also been cooking with it lately. I made a rocket and spinach soup which was super tasty and then last week I decided to create this pasta dish with it and it worked out really well. I’ve eaten about four times since then so thought I would share the recipe with you.
It’s super quick and easy to make and if, like us, you eat a lot of pasta then it makes a nice change.
One thing that I want to note about my pasta recipes is that I like to just shove everything in and adjust it each time depending on what I have available etc. I’m not one of those people who carefully measures things out or does things precisely so if that’s the kind of cook you are then you might not like my recipes! I would always suggest to people that they just go with it and see what they come up with, some times it works and other times it doesn’t!
I have a bit of a funny story behind the photos in this post too, I was standing on a chair in my kitchen near the window (the light is awful in winter in the UK) and after a few shots I felt myself loose my balance, I knew I was going to fall backwards so prepared myself as best as possible by making sure I would miss the table behind me. Luckily I only had a few bruises to show but Cherry started crying as it was such a shock and Matt didn’t know what was going on either! The risks of being a blogger 😉
So the recipe…
2 Garlic Cloves – crushed
125g Cherry Tomatoes
1 tbsp of oil (I used rapeseed)
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
2 tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese (I used the Violife one) or vegan Crème Fraiche (I use Oatly)
1/2 tbsp stock powder
80 ml boiling water
3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Spaghetti – enough for 2 people
Toasted Pine Nuts – optional
– Put the spaghetti on to boil
– Add the oil to a frying pan and once hot add the crushed garlic, cherry tomatoes, oregano and rosemary. Leave for a few mins until the tomatoes have started to cook down
– Add the stock powder and boiling water then stir well
– Then add the rocket (leave a handful out for topping) and stir again
– Finally add the cream cheese and nutritional yeast. Stir well then turn the heat down and leave to simmer for a few minutes
– When the pasta is cooked add it to the frying pan and mix well
– Serve onto plates and top with some fresh rocket, toasted pine nuts and lots of freshly ground black pepper
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might also like my rainbow striped cake recipe and don’t forget to check out my meal planning posts.
Linking up with…
This looks absolutely scrummy, and so easy to make on a weeknight too!